Let’s make sure everybody has a good time!
Here are some guidelines:
- Communicate and respect boundaries on and off stage; they are different for everyone.
- Keep any physical contact safe and socially appropriate.
- Lead with empathy and understanding
- Speak up if something isn’t working for you
- Listen if somebody speaks up
- Play to the top of your intelligence and integrity
- Assume good will; people are hardly ever trying to be offensive.
- You can be anyone and anything you want to be, make sure everyone else can, too.
- Sexism, racism, homophobia, or harassment based on gender expression, physical appearance, social standing, income level, or disability, is not allowed, nor is any other type of discrimination.
Improvable strive to create an environment where everybody feels safe, relaxed, and happy. If at any time you feel unsafe, are personally offended by something that’s been said or done, or feel uncomfortable with any student, teacher, or TA, you are welcome and encouraged to speak up, and we will always take you seriously. A contact list of Improvable members is provided to students so that they have a range of people available to speak to, as is an anonymous feedback form.
If a student is found to be in violation of the code of conduct, consequences can range from personal feedback to termination of your enrollment without a refund, and are at the discretion of the teacher.
If our you ever have an issue with another improviser/theatre/teacher, even if it’s 10 years in the future and we haven’t spoken, we’re 100% happy to be your advocate, ombudsman, or friend. Got your back!